First Robotics Competition
Dubbed a “Varsity Sports for the Mind,” FIRST Robotics Competition combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. Under strict rules, limited resources, and time limits, teams of 25 students or more are challenged to raise funds, design a team brand, hone teamwork skills, and build and program a robot to perform prescribed tasks again a field of competitors. It’s as close to real-world engineering as a student can get. Professional mentors volunteer their time and talents to guide each team.
High School students ages 14 – 18 get to:
- Work alongside professional engineers.
- Build and compete with a robot of their own design.
- Learn and use sophisticated hardware and software.
- Develop design, project management, programming, teamwork, and strategic thinking skills.
- Earn a place in the World Championships.
- Qualify for over $30 million in college scholarships.
- 20-60 Students
- 1-2 Coaches
- 3-10 Volunteer Mentors
Game Announced: beginning of January
Build Season: January — mid-February
Competition Season: March & April
Meetings: 2-4 hours, 3-5 days per week
St. Joseph Event
Perry Meridian Event
2017 FRC indiana State Championship
Visit our map to see where all of our Indiana FRC teams are located.
Are we missing your team? Contact us.
To learn more about FRC, visit the FIRST website.