First Lego League Junior
FIRST LEGO League Jr. captures young children’s inherent curiosity and directs it toward discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concept to be explored through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult coaches, teams use LEGO bricks to build a model that moves and develop a Show-Me poster to illustrate their journey.
Children ages 6 to 10 get to:
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO components.
- Learn to incorporate simple machines and mechanical parts into a model to mechanize it.
- Create a Show-Me poster and practice presentation skills.
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists.
- Discover real-world math and science.
- Begin developing teamwork skills.
- Choose to participate in events and celebrations.
- Engage in team activities guided by FIRST LEGO League Jr. Core Values.
- 2-6 Students
- 1-2 Volunteer Mentors
Game Announced: early Fall
Build Season: 6-12 weeks
Meetings: 1-2 hours, 1-2 days per week
To learn more about FIRST LEGO League Jr., visit the FIRST website.
You can also visit the local Indiana FIRST LEGO League Jr. website.